Wednesday 8 February 2017

Font types research



Typography and font styles are the art of lettering based on the style and size. How important, it conveys how it can change how a title sequence looks like and the fonts fit the genre specifically of what has to be shown.



Image result for fashion magazines




 

This is taken from a fashion magazine, which implies the bright colors used to suit the fashion concept.






Image result for sports magazines


This is taken from a sport magazine which suggests the different typography used to attract the audience. 







Image result for game  magazines
This is taken from a game magazine. The math’s head is clear, white to draw the audience to see the math’s head







.

Image result for hip hop magazineThis is an example of a Hip-Hop music genre. This is an example of a Hip-Hop music genre. The colour yellow contrast with the black colour. The bold font type has centered the magazine front cover.
The colour yellow contrast with the black colour. The bold font type has centered the magazine front cover.




Image result for rap magazine


This is also an example of a music magazine, rap music genre. The math’s head used two colour's which sets out an original look to the audience. With a rap magazine I was expecting dark colour's, however the editor for this magazine used two colours. Which suggests the two similar colour's the editor wanted to use.






Image result for classical music magazine



A last example of a music magazine is classical music genre. The concept of classical music is a relaxing music. With the math’s head one colour has been used which suggests the concept of classical music.








1. Susan (dafont.com)
With this font type, I would like to use this for the main headline. This is because it makes the writing look original and stand out from the other text.
2. Sweet Sensations (dafont.com)
With this font type, I would use this for my math’s head or maybe my contents page title. I may use this font type to get the audience intrigued.  

3. Tasty Birds (dafont.com)
With this font type, I may use it for my double page. This typography may be used to add a unique effect to create a magazine that look different from other music magazines.

For my magazine cover I used ‘Sweet Sensations’ for my math’s head. I used the colour red to suit the Hip-Hop music genre.  The size of the math’s head is 100 pixels which I think it's a suitable size for the maths head.



For my main headline, magazine front cover I used Susan typography. I used the colour red and white. The colour is the continuous of House style, which suggests the continuous colour scheme and suggests to the reader of the same colours I'm using throughout my magazine pages.


For the slogan, I used the font Retro graph. I used the colour white to contrast with the red background. This font type adds an original effect to my media product and suggests to the reader that the slogan was meant to stand out, from the other texts.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hand-Drawn design

 These are the images of my hand-drawn design. I think my hand-drawn follows the codes and conventions. Firstly, for each person I d...